ADOPTIVE ASSOCIATION OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
WHO ARE WE?
The Adoptive Parents Association of British Columbia (APABC) is a volunteer based, non-profit society which was founded in 1977. Today, it is a registered charitable organization that is province-wide and serves over 25 communities.
Our mandate is to provide information, education and support on all aspects of adoption to the adoption community and professionals.
The APABC promotes adoption as a viable means of building families and dedicates itself to children of all ages in need of homes in Canada and internationally.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
· A subscription to the nationally recognized WINDOWS on Adoption, which is published 9 times a year.
· Access to an extensive library. Outgoing mailing costs are paid by the APABC.
· Attendance at chapter meetings and the opportunity to network with other adoptive parents.
· Access to information about workshops and conferences in Canada and the U.S.
· A network of buddy parents.
Without the dedication of our volunteers, the APABC would not exist. Volunteers assist by:
· Providing peer support as buddy parents within their communities
· Managing and coordinating chapter support groups
· Hosting and coordinating chapter support groups
· Serving on the Board of Directors and various committees
· Administrative help at the APA office
Would you like to volunteer? Please call the APABC office at 604-588-7300/604-588-6111 for more information.
The APABC receives the majority of it's funding from the Ministry of Social Services. We also raise money through memberships and donation, casinos, and small fundraises.
In 1994, the B.C. Tel Employees Community Fund generously donated the money for a laser paper fax machine. B.C. Hydro Employees Community Services Fund generously donated the money for a new computer. The international adoption video project was funded by the Ministry of Multiculturalism, the Ministry of Social Services, the Vancouver Sun Children's Fund and the Vancouver Foundation. Thank you donors, for your support.
ADOPTIVE PARENTS ASSOCIATION OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
#205 - 15463 - 104th Avenue